Legal & Privacy
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Veragold Mining Company GmbH , Senefelderstrasse 9, 73760 Ostfildern.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
For the purposes of GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to Veragold Mining Company , accessible from veragold.org
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies on the Privacy Policies website article.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information according to § 5 TMG:
Veragold Mining Company GmbH
Commercial register: 223072
Register court: AG Munich
Donald G. Foot
EU Dispute Resolution:
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
You can find our e-mail address in the imprint above.
Consumer dispute resolution/universal dispute resolution body:
We are not willing or obligated to participate in dispute resolution proceedings in front of a Consumer arbitration board.
Certain material found on this Website is protected by copyright. Certain names, graphics, logos, icons, designs, words, titles or phrases on this Website may constitute trade names, trademarks or service marks of Veragold or other entities. Trademarks may be registered in Panama and in other countries, as applicable. The display of trademarks on pages at this Website does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted. Except for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes, where the material is not modified and that copyright or trademark notices are not deleted, materials may not be copied, reproduced, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without Veragold`s prior written approval. Any unauthorized downloading, re-transmission or other copying or modification of trademarks and/or the contents herein may be a violation of federal or common law, trademark and/or copyright laws and could subject the copier to legal action.
Any material, information or other communication (including questions, comments or suggestions) you transmit to Veragold through this Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary (“Communications”). In making any such transmission, you agree that Veragold will have no obligations of any kind with respect to the Communications. Where it is necessary, in order to answer your enquiry, the Communications you have provided may be passed to any Veragold office or affiliate worldwide. By sending any Communications to us, you are consenting to the personal information contained therein being transferred within Veragold and being processed by Veragold for these purposes. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from Veragold any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other materials that violate any law.
HE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL VERAGOLD BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES DUE TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) OR DUE TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS.
By using this Website, you agree that Veragold Mining Company and subsidiaries shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever (including indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages and loss of profits, opportunities or information) arising from
- your use of or reliance on information contained on this Website;
- any inaccuracy or omission in such information or failure to keep the information current;
- use of any third party web sites linked or referred to in this Website;
- any delays, inaccuracies or errors in, or in the transmission of, any stock price quotes or historical price data;
- any Internet software used in connection with this Website or computer viruses or other destructive programs encountered as a result of using this Website; and
- any other matter connected with the Website; even if Veragold is made aware of the possibility of such claims, damages or losses.
Although considerable care has been taken in preparing and maintaining the information and materials contained on this Website, they are provided on an “as is” basis, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the information. Unless otherwise indicated, all information posted on this Website is current only as of the date of the document that contains the information, if indicated, or the date on which the document is posted, whichever is earlier. Veragold may at any time make changes to the information at this Website without prior notice. You should always ensure that you are referring to the most current information available on this Website.
In this Website, Veragold has provided links and references to several other websites. Veragold has no control over information at sites hyperlinked or referred to in this Website. These links and references are being provided for the convenience of the users of this Website and Veragold does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for the content, nature or reliability of any linked or referenced website or any link contained in a linked or referenced website. Veragold takes no responsibility for monitoring, updating, supplementing or correcting any information on any linked or referenced website and makes no representation or warranties regarding such information. Please be aware that in linking or going to these outside websites, you are leaving the Veragold Mining Company Website and that Veragold is not responsible for the content of any other site.
To the extent that Veragold makes or refers to any commitments or representations anywhere on Veragold`s website, or in any documents accessible from Veragold`s website, such commitments or representations relate only to Veragold-operated subsidiaries and joint ventures.
Certain information contained on this Website, including any information as to Veragold`s strategy, projects, plans or future financial or operating performance constitutes forward-looking statements. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, are forward-looking statements.
The words believe, expect, anticipate, contemplate, target, plain, objective, aspiration, aim, intend, project, goal, continue, budget, estimate, potential, assume, schedule, may, will, can, should, could, would and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements.
In particular, this Website contains forward-looking statements including, without limitation, with respect to:
- Veragold`s forward-looking production guidance;
- estimates of future cost of sales per ounce for gold and silver, all-in-sustaining costs per ounce, cash costs per ounce;
- cash flow forecasts;
- projected capital, operating and exploration expenditures;
- targeted debt and cost reductions;
- mine life and production rates;
- our pipe-line of high confidence projects at or near existing operations;
- the ability of feasibility-level projects to contribute to Veragold`s annual production beginning in 2023;
- the ability of investments in infrastructure and mine exploration drilling to strengthen the quality of Veragold`s production profile;
- the potential impacts of capital, infrastructure and operational improvements and investments;
- the potential impact and benefits of Veragold`s digital transformation;
- our ability to convert resources into reserves;
- the timing of receipt of permits and other approvals;
- our ongoing exploration efforts;
- the expected timing of further studies, including prefeasibility and feasibility studies;
- asset sales, joint ventures and partnerships;
- expectations regarding future price assumptions, financial performance and other outlook or guidance;
- Veragold`s environmental, health and safety, corporate social responsibility (including sustainable development, community relations and security matters), and human rights programs, policies and performance;
- the estimated timing to achieve environmental, social and energy reduction targets; and
- the estimated timing and conclusions of technical reports and other studies.
Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by Veragold as at the date such information is posted to the Website in light of managements experience and perception of current conditions and expected developments, are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies.
Known and unknown factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements and undue reliance should not be placed on such statements and information. Such factors include, but are not limited to:
- fluctuations in the spot and forward price of gold or certain other commodities (such as silver, diesel fuel, natural gas and electricity);
- changes in mineral production performance, exploitation and exploration successes;
- changes in national and local government legislation, taxation, controls or regulations and/or changes in the administration of laws, policies and practices, expropriation or nationalization of property and political or economic developments in Panama, the United States, Germany or other countries in which Veragold does or may carry on business in the future;
- failure to comply with environmental and health and safety laws and regulations;
- timing of receipt of, or failure to comply with, necessary permits and approvals;
- the benefits expected from recent transactions being realized;
- increased costs and physical risks, including extreme weather events and resource shortage, related to climate change;
- diminishing quantities or grades of reserves;
- increased costs, delays, suspensions and technical challenges associated with the construction of capital projects;
- operating or technical difficulties in connection with mining or development activities, including geotechnical challenges, and disruptions in the maintenance or provision of required infrastructure and information technology systems;
- risks associated with the implementation of Veragold`s digital transformation initiative, and the ability of the projects under this initiative to meet Veragold`s capital allocation objectives;
- lack of certainty with respect to foreign legal systems, corruption and other factors that are inconsistent with the rule of law;
- the impact of global liquidity and credit availability on the timing of cash flows and the values of assets and liabilities based on projected future cash flows;
- adverse changes in Veragold`s credit ratings;
- the impact of inflation;
- risks associated with working with partners in jointly controlled assets;
- damage to Veragold`s reputation due to the actual or perceived occurrence of any number of events, including negative publicity with respect to Veragold`s handling of environmental matters or dealings with community groups, whether true or not; the speculative nature of mineral exploration and development;
- risks that exploration data may be incomplete and considerable additional work may be required to complete further evaluation, including but not limited to drilling, engineering and socio-economic studies and investment;
- risk of loss due to acts of war, terrorism, sabotage and civil disturbances;
- fluctuations in the currency markets (such as Panamanian Balboa, British pound, and Euro versus the U.S. dollar);
- changes in U.S. dollar interest rates that could impact the mark-to-market value of outstanding derivative instruments and ongoing payments/receipts under interest rate swaps and variable rate debt obligations;
- risks arising from holding derivative instruments (such as credit risk, market liquidity risk and mark-to-market risk);
- litigation and legal and administrative proceedings;
- contests over title to properties, particularly title to undeveloped properties, or over access to water, power and other required infrastructure;
- business opportunities that may be presented to, or pursued by, Veragold;
- Veragold`s ability to successfully integrate acquisitions or complete divestitures;
- employee relations, including loss of key employees;
- availability and increased costs associated with mining inputs and labor.
In addition, there are risks and hazards associated with the business of mineral exploration, development and mining, including environmental hazards, industrial accidents, unusual or unexpected formations, pressures, cave-ins, flooding and gold bullion or gold or silver concentrate losses (and the risk of inadequate insurance, or inability to obtain insurance, to cover these risks).
Many of these uncertainties and contingencies can affect Veragold`s actual results and could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statements made by, or on behalf of, Veragold.
Readers are cautioned that forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance. All of the forward-looking statements contained on this Website are qualified by these cautionary statements.
Veragold disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
All quotes are delayed at least 15 minutes unless otherwise stated. All stock quotes and historical stock price data are provided by third party service providers and are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended for trading purposes. If you are contemplating trading in the securities of Veragold, we strongly advise you to seek independent professional advice before making any investment decision.
Veragold makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of any such stock price quotes or historical stock price data and has not taken any steps to verify, the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of the information provided herein and, under no circumstances, will be liable for any inaccuracies or omissions in any such information or data, any delays or errors in the transmission thereof, or any loss or direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages caused by reliance on this information or the risks arising from the stock market.